2023 Long Course Meet Schedule
|Swim Meet Name||Date||Qualifying Times|
|SMST Spring Splash||4/14-4/16||No||Steve Miklos Aquatics Center, Folsom|
|Hot Dog Meet (Short Course Meet)||4/23||No||Tokay High School, Lodi|
|DART Spring Sprint Six||5/6 – 5/7||No||Community Pool, Davis|
|Woodland Spring Classic||5/19-5/21||No||Charles Brooks Community Swim Center, Woodland|
|TYR Memorial Day Classic||5/26 – 5/28||No||University of the Pacific, Stockton|
|2023 SN Summer Sanders LCM SR+||6/9 – 6/11||Yes||Roseville Aquatics Complex|
|Mel Enze Swim Meet||6/16-6/18||No||Tokay High School, Lodi|
|Last Chance Qualifier||7/7-7/9||No||Charles Brooks Community Swim Center, Woodland|
|Bill Rose Classic||7/20-7/23||Yes||Elk Grove Aquatics Center|
|Prospectors Plunge |
(Short Course Meet)
|2023 Holiday Swim Festival||11/30-12/3||Yes||Mona Plummer Aquatic Center, Tempe, AZ|
* Coach Terry is encouraging every swimmer to attend at least 2 meets during this spring/summer season.
* A travel meet may still be added to our schedule – We are looking for a non qualifying travel meet and will add it as soon as we find one that works.
* You do not need to attend all days of a multi-day meet, you can register for only one day.
* Some meets have qualifying times – please be aware of what those are to help with goal setting.
* You may attend a meet that is not on our team meet schedule. If you do, please let Coach Terry know.
The following information is intended to help ensure this swim experience is as stress free as possible as you join USA Swimming.
Suggested things to bring to meets:
- Wear your team suit, team cap and goggles.
- Bring at least 2 towels each day during warmer weather meets but we recommend you bring 1 towel for warm-ups and 1 towel for every event you are swimming that day, during colder weather.
- Sunscreen, hats, and umbrellas.
- Plenty of water and nutritious snacks.
- Canopies or tents. We recommend having walls for your canopy for shade or wind/rain protection.
- Cash for the snack bar and other items.
- Swim parkas, beanie caps and water resistant boots for cooler or wet weather.
- Extra clothing, sweatshirts and pants, flannel pajamas, socks.
- Hand warmers.
- Comfortable chairs.
- Sleeping bags, blankets, tarps, pillows, etc.
- Activities, games, books, to keep your swimmers entertained between events.
When you arrive:
- Check-in is usually at the entrance to the pool, your swimmer must circle the event and initial his or her name.
- Normally we try to sit together as a team at meets as it helps support team bonding.
- Events and heats are posted in one or two areas, depending on the size of the pool facility, and results are normally posted in a different area.
- USA swim meets are different than rec team meets. It is up to the swimmer to make sure they are at the starting block for their heat so please pay attention to what event/heat they are on. There are no ready benches and officials do not wait for swimmers before they begin the heat.
- Swimmers need to check in with their coach before their race to tell them what heat and lane they are in for each event. They must also check-in with their coach after each event for coaching advice.
SAMMS consolidated card for mailed in entries Click Here
USA Swimming 2017 Rule Book Click Here
USA Swimming Motivational Time Standards Click Here
Sierra Nevada Swimming Junior Olympic Time Standards Click Here